A bedroom is a special place in the house wherein you can relax or take a break after a long day’s work. Is your bedroom an excellent place to have a rest? Or sleeping in it seems uncomfortable? A friend of mine shared her story. “My husband has a problem with sleeping for many years now. He has difficulty falling asleep. He sleeps only four to five hours and doesn’t feel rested when he wakes up.” What do you think is the reason why his husband’s problem sounds serious? He is an administrator and I think his profession causes him a lot of stress because of the major decisions he makes, she exclaimed. My friend strongly believes that this is the reason behind her spouse’s difficulty of sleeping. Well, her husband’s job entails a lot of decision-making; it could be taking its toll on his sleep health. What is his personality? Does he have a confidante when he has major problems to tackle? What is his outlet for his anxieties?
Let’s talk about Insomnia
Insomnia refers to problems with sleeping. It can range from difficulty falling asleep, frequent or sustained awakenings or early morning awakening- all resulting to shortened duration of sleep. Insomnia lasting for a few days to three weeks is short- term insomnia. Insomnia that occurs for only a night up to few days is transient insomnia. Short- term or transient insomnia is frequently due to external factors like a stressful event, excitement, jet lag or a short illness. Usually this is of no serious consequence.
In chronic insomnia, there is usually a compounding of several factors with no single identifiable underlying cause. Different factors may be at work at different times. It can be a stressful event at one time, then from inadequate sleep hygiene or from noisy environment at another time. Sleep hygiene means his environment or activity prior to sleeping time are not conducive to sleep- bright lights, too much physical or mental activity prior to bedtime. Persistent insomnia can lead o disruption of daily activities because of sleepiness and fatigue. It may also lead to accidents or injury. It can even lead to a major depression.
10 Shut- eye Tips for a Good Sleep
- Keep a regular sleeping schedule: Go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. Don’t take frequent long naps, especially after 3 PM.
- Avoid stimulating substances such as caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
- Exercise and stay active during the day, but don’t exercise close to bedtime.
- Make your room a sanctuary: quiet, dark, cool and comfortable.
- Don’t watch television, do your work or eat in bed.
- If you can’t fall asleep quickly, don’t force yourself. Get out of bed and listen to soft music, take a relaxing bath or read a book until you’re tired.
- Try to resolve all outstanding conflicts before bedtime.
- Don’t try to “catch up” with sleep later on the weekends.
- See a doctor if the problem persists to check for health problems like sleep apnea
10. Don’t rely on sleeping pills for an extended period of time.—Adam Hunter
Image credtis: (1)
Incoming search terms:
- short poems on rain in hindi
- poems on rain in hindi
- how avoid be for pregnancy in hindi tips
- short status in hindi
- 10 lines on tree in hindi
- poem on environment in hindi for class 6
- head khujli tips in hindi
- short poems in hindi on environment for ukg students
- h i v short paragraph hindi language
- gym workout benefits hindi language