The first and most important step to improve survival and prevent early death from breast cancer is EARLY DETECTION.
Any lump or cyst in the breast that grows bigger or does not disappear after a menstrual cycle should be seen, examined and followed-up by a doctor to establish whether it is benign or malignant. In young woman, a breast cyst is often benign and it does not have to be removed. However, observation and follow-up is needed. In women over 40 years old, all lumps in the breast should be examined more closely because there is a higher incidence of cancer in this age group.
Benign cysts in the breast are usually movable and rubbery soft in consistency when palpated. It is affected by the menstrual period. Malignant or cancerous mass in the breast is more often located in the upper and outer part of the breast and the texture is firm and hard.
THE BEST PROTECTION AGAINST BREAST CANCER IS EARLY DETECTION!
|Warning Signs of Breast Cancer
American Cancer Society’s Recommendation
Before 40 years old:
Age 40 years and above:
HOW TO DO BSE (Breast Self-Examination)
IN FRONT OF A MIRROR:
- Relax first, then with your arms at your sides, look for changes in your breasts like lumps, dimples or skin changes. You can do this in a sitting or standing position.
- Then, with your arms on your hips, press down and tense your chest muscles and see if there is any prominent changes n your breast.
- Next, raise both your arms above your head, and again look for any unusual changes.
IN THE SHOWER:
- To examine your right breast, raise your right arm by putting your right hand on your head.
- With your left hand filled with soap suds, press your fingers firmly on your breast against the chest wall.
- In a piano-like motion slowly move your fingers either in circular, up and down or wedge (out going inward) motion. Feel for any lump or irregularity in consistency of the breast mass.
- Repeat this procedure on the left side.
- Lie down comfortably on your back.
- To examine your right breast, put your right shoulder on a pillow and raise your right hand under your head.
- Repeat the manner of examination as described while in the shower.
- Do the same for your left breast.
NOTE: If you find any problem or anything unusual in your examination, DON’T fail to see your doctor.
Incoming search terms:
- breast feeding salogan in hindi
- Slogan for breast feeding in hindi
- mother breast milk solgan in hindi
- top 10 hindi slogan on breastfeed
- how to come m c period timely
- self breast massage tips in hindi
- prevent pragnency method
- reason of wetness in pregnency time in hindi
- self breast massage therapy in hindi
- ski khujl in hindi