On top of mandatory PHILHEALTH benefits, GSIS members, their dependents and pensioners can now avail of discounts from GSIS partner hospitals around the country (Philippines).
Through the Government Service Insurance System Hospitalization Support Program (GHSP) launched in 2004, GSIS members can get 10 to 50% discount on rooms, medicines, laboratory tests, use of medical equipment, professional fees of select physicians as well as emergency and out-patient services from the following hospitals only:
1. Lorma Medical Center (LMC)
in San Fernando City, La Union – GSIS partner since 2004
Phone: +63(072) 700 0000
-An article in the hospital’s website mentions thatthe hospital provides 10 – 50% discount to GSIS e-card holder employee on the use of hospital equipment and medical procedures
2. University Of Sto. Tomas Hospital
Trunkline: +63 (02) 731-3001 local 2411
3. Capitol Medical Center
in Quezon City
Trunkline: +63 (02) 742-5531
4. Angeles University Foundation Medical Center (AUFMC)
in Angeles City, Pampanga
Phone: +63 45 625 2999
1. Perpetual Succour Hospital (PSH)
in Lahug, CEBU – GSIS partner since 2004
Phone:(032) 233 8620
2. West Visayas State University Medical Center (WVSUMC)
in Iloilo City – – GSIS partner since 2009
Trunkline No.: (033) 3202431 to 38
– The hospitalization support program is listed in the hospitals tab on Services- Discounts and Privileges. However, the details are not.
1. Davao Medical School Foundation Hospital
in Bajada, Davao City
Phone: +63 (082) 226 2344
Since the launching of the program in 2004, 203,372 members, their dependents and pensioners have availed of the said discounts.
How do the discounts work?
EXCHANGE DEAL. GSIS lends medical equipment to their partner hospitals. In turn, the hospitals that benefit from the equipment give discounts to GSIS members in their medical expenses in the said hospitals. However, some of the select hospitals still give discounts only in the use of the procured equipment.
Here is a reference of the discounts that can be availed in the partner-hospitals as GSIS member, dependent or pensioner.
TABLE OF DISCOUNT
|Medical equipment lent by GSIS to the hospital||50%|
|Special diagnostic procedures||40%|
|Professional fees (includes consultation fees)||10%|
How to avail of the discounts?
Discounts can be availed by presenting the GSIS eCard or UMID (Unified ID) to the GSIS coordinator of the given hospital upon admission. Note that the discounts from GSIS can be used in combination with the PHILHEALTH and other HMO benefits.
However, in the absence of an eCard or UMID, a member can still avail of the discounts in 2 ways:
- Present an office ID to the GSIS coordinator to verify eligibility to avail of the GHSP.
- If one is not included in the list of eligible persons but is a member, procure a CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY from the Medical Services Group in the GSIS Office near you.
Note to Readers:
The GSIS or the Government Service Insurance System has been around for nearly 78 years. This social insurance institution created to safeguard government officials and employees of the Philippines has been giving back security to people in the form of retirement benefits, death benefits and disability benefits which includes but is not limited to the GHSP herein discussed.
However, partner hospitals may not be offering the exact discounts given in the table of discounts above. Instead, some may only offer 20% on accommodation and the correct 50% only on GSIS-lent hospital equipment. It is thus necessary for one to contact the given hospital’s information office for the specific discounts they offer before assuming the price of their products and services.
If you are a GSIS member or of any insurance corporation, get to know your rights and your benefits. Many people have availed of the GHSP but so many others also haven’t because of lack of knowledge. Therefore, update yourself always. A valuable information may just be a few clicks or rings away.
Incoming search terms:
- gsis hospitalization support program
- disavantages of potato
- Logo of GSIS Meaning
- how to care second time pregnant knowledge in Hindi language in Hindi
- hospitals provide discount to gsis member in mindanao
- hindi poems of 10 lines on nature of class 5 on insan
- gsis hospitalization partner hospitals in davao city
- eibola medicines
- ebola viruse slogan in hindi
- medical facilitiesvslogan hindi