Over the years, research has affirmed coconut oil to have remarkable effects on the hair. So, if you’re looking for a product that has been proven to make hair beautiful and solve scalp-hair problems, then coconut oil is what you need all-year-long.
Using coconut oil is highly recommended because of its vitamins, nutrients, and certain characteristics that benefit the hair. It has vitamin E that promotes a healthy scalp and healthy hair. It has vitamin K that strengthens hair. It has Lauric Acid and Capric Acid that act as an antimicrobial agent to prevent bacteria from breaking the glycerol bonds that can cause hair breakage and hair loss. Coconut oil also has binding and sealing characteristics that lock-in moisture for a stronger hair strand and shiny-looking hair. If you have dandruff, fatty acids of the coconut oil help clean the scalp and eliminate dandruff. A clean scalp promotes hair growth.
Coconut oil is commercially available in grocery stores and in beauty shops. However, it may not be that cheap due to manufacturing and distribution costs of the product. On the other hand, hair care need not be expensive; you just need to be resourceful and creative. If you ask me, what’s the point of living in a beautiful tropical country, where coconut trees thrive freely in abundance, if we can’t take advantage of them? So, my proposal is to try the home-made natural coconut oil – the old style. I consider it “old-style” because this has been practiced long before my grandmother could ever remember. How? − These are the steps you can do at home:
Home Made Coconut Oil For Hair Care
- Get/buy mature coconuts. Why mature coconut is preferred? − It has more potent oil.
- Use a large, heavy knife to break open the coconut into two.
- Scrape the coconut’s brown skin to separate the brown membrane off from the white coconut meat.
- Rinse the coconut meat with water and allow it to dry.
- Once dry, grate the coconut meat into fine shreds.
- The very fine shreds of the coconut meat are then placed in a bowl. Pour lukewarm water into the bowl and squeeze its juice out.
- Pour contents of the bowl into a strainer to separate liquid from solid.
- Boil the liquid in a pan until its water evaporates and the oil remains.
- Leave the coconut oil to cool down.
- When coconut oil is cool enough to use, apply on scalp to the tip/ends of the hair. Make sure all hair strands are coated with the coconut oil.
- Gently massage scalp, then cover hair with a head cap for better absorption of oil into the hair fibers and scalp.
- Leave it on for 15-30 minutes, then rinse. Although, others leave it on OVERNIGHT for a much more beautiful result.
There is no need to buy expensive hair care products, all you have to do is avail yourself with freshly-extracted coconut oil by following the steps enumerated above. Surely, you’ll have a clean scalp and a healthy glowing hair .
Image credits: (1)
Incoming search terms:
- importance of trees in hindi
- coconut oil varicose veins
- coconut oil for spider veins
- coconut oil ingrown hair
- how to make coconut oil at home in Hindi
- coconut oil for ingrown hair
- how to make coconut oil in hindi
- Natural Oil for Ingrown Hair
- coconut oil and varicose veins