As the month of June starts, rain gears are usually brought by many. Some people love rainy days because it will make them indulge in food, spend more time in bed and it usually brings different kind of memories. Oh, how I love the rain! On the other hand, it has disadvantages. With the rain come respiratory illnesses, leptospirosis, typhoid fever or dengue. And don’t forget the common colds or flu in the top list. It is one of the exhausting and uncomfortable experience right? Since rainy days are here again. I therefore share with you 8 home remedies for flu.
1. Enough bed rest is highly suggested.
It doesn’t mean that it is only limited to physical relaxation. You should also consider your mind. This point in time it is much better to stop thinking about all the stress at school or work.
2. Water works
In sickness, water loss is affected. Since you are suffering from flu, you have to drink more water. This is necessary for hydration and proper body function. Please avoid caffeinated and alcoholic beverages this time. They are diuretics which will contribute to fluid loss.
3. Inhale in aromatic steam
By placing boiled water in a basin, add 5-10 drops of eucalyptus oil or vicks vapor rub. Cover your head with a towel or blanket, close your eyes and inhale the steam.
4. Choose warm baths
This may help relieve body pains. You can also use a hot compress or heating pads to relieve headache.
5. Soothe a sore throat
Gargle with lukewarm water with salt. You may also use commercial gargles or mouthwashes if you want. You can take throat lozenges if your sore throat is irritating.
6. Include soup in every meal
It is believed that when your face is near while sipping in a bowl of hot soup, you can inhale the soup’s vapor. It can liquefy mucous secretions and will make you feel better. Also, it’s another means of hydration and nourishing your body.
7. Sip a cup of ginger tea or hot lemonade
Inhale its vapor and drink it because the gingerol in ginger acts as a natural cough suppressant.
For productive cough, prepare hot lemonade because the lemon oil can help by acting as an expectorant. You can add honey to improve the taste.
8. Let someone take care of you
For faster recovery, it is best to have a loved one or a friend who look after you. Touch therapy and care shown by somebody can make a sick person feel better.
Special Things to Consider
- Screen visitors to protect the patient from bacterial infection and the visitor from influenza. Use respiratory precautions.
- Teach the patient proper disposal of tissues and proper hand-washing technique to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Watch for signs and symptoms of developing pneumonia, such as crackles, another temperature rise and coughing accompanied by purulent or bloody sputum.
- Assist the patient in a gradual return to his normal activities.
- Educate patients about influenza immunizations. For high-risk patients and health care personnel, suggest annual inoculations at the start of the flu season.
REMEMBER: Influenza vaccines are made from chicken embryos and must not be given to people who are hypersensitive to eggs, feathers or chickens.
- All people receiving the vaccine should be made aware of possible adverse effects (discomfort at the vaccination site, fever and malaise). Although the vaccine has not been proven harmful to the fetus, it’s not recommended for pregnant women, except those who are highly susceptible to influenza, such as those with chronic diseases.
One thing you should always bear in mind prevention is better than cure. You have your own army in your body which is your immune system and you’re nearly responsible in boosting it. Always choose to be healthy.
Image credit: (1)
Incoming search terms:
- advantages and disadvantages of rain in hindi
- disadvantages of rain in hindi
- advantages and disadvantages of rain in hindi language
- advantages of rain in hindi
- ebola virus pdf in hindi
- why do we get pimpels in hindi
- Lines for rainy season for class kg
- benefits of rain in hindi
- few lines on how u like rain in hindi
- ebola virus information in marathi pdf file